Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I Knew A Boy, He Came From The Sea

Dear, Marilyn

I'm in an odd mood tonight. Not a bad mood, more like a good mood really, but it's different
. I feel like my life might be slowly shifting into place, or (at the risk of sounding like a horoscope) like something is on the horizon.

I'm relieved to be speaking to my "best friend", again. He's a boy I know, "
He came from the sea", we'll call him, Boy from the sea. The truth is, he really is my best friend, but things got complicated between us, for a while there... until he decided to simplify things. He didn't think it was a good idea to carry on with our extra curricular activities. I was really hurt; it didn't go down smoothly and we weren't speaking as much. Things had changed between us. This weekend we both went to a mutual friends party and we made up... and hooked up again. Our friendship fell right back into place. He's the first guy I've ever had feelings for; the first person I hooked up with. After "going there" with him again, I feel much better about the situation. Even though those few weeks when we weren't speaking much, as unsettling as it was, I think I grew tremendously from it. Oddly, things are more complicated now, but I understand what his intentions were.

Timing might not be on our side now, but who knows what the future holds? I'm just glad to have an ally again.

No comments:

Post a Comment